Administrative Coordinator - Kaelin Lab
We are currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support the lab of Dr. William Kaelin at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. This role provides high level administrative support to the Investigator and research staff in a fast-paced environment, and is a unique opportunity to support a lab that is at the forefront of cancer research.
The best candidates will be passionate about providing top notch administrative support for Dr. Kaelin and helping to foster a warm and welcoming lab environment. A keen eye for details and desire to provide excellent customer service are must have qualities, and this role is best fit for someone who is a self-starter and proactive in their support style – and passionate about the research work that the lab is conducting.
More information on the Kaelin lab can be found here.
- Provide administrative support for the HHMI Investigator
- Manage the calendar and coordinate complex scheduling, including internal and external meetings, conferences, professional engagements, and travel for the Investigator
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare detailed travel itineraries
- Organize weekly laboratory meetings, special seminars, and laboratory outings
- Assist with correspondence management, presentation development, and serve as a resource for reviewing and proofreading documents from draft form
- Work with researchers on visa and academic appointment issues
- Order office supplies and reconcile monthly purchasing card expenses Assist lab staff with onboarding requirements and HMS appointments
- Coordinate letters of recommendation
- Process and track reimbursements from multiple sources for Investigator, laboratory members and visiting scientists through multiple systems
- Keep laboratory website updated
- Serve as a liaison between investigator and various administrative offices
- Handle phone calls, screen and greet visitors
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent years of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of high-level executive support
- Prior experience with complex, detailed travel support a strong plus
- Ability to assess rolling tasks in busy lab and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use good judgment in working independently, showing initiative, managing deadlines and responding to inquiries
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, use good judgment, meet tight deadlines and show initiative
- Customer service mindset and commitment to mission
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency with the Mac platform and Microsoft Office applications
Remaining in a normal seated or standing position for extended periods of time; reaching and grasping by extending hand(s) or arm(s); dexterity to manipulate objects with fingers, for example using a keyboard; communication skills using the spoken word; ability to see and hear within normal parameters; ability to move about workspace. The position requires mobility, including the ability to move materials weighing up to several pounds (such as a laptop computer or tablet).
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this position with reasonable accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
This job description sets forth the job’s principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements; it should not be construed as an exhaustive statement, however. Unless they begin with the word “may,” the Essential Duties and Responsibilities described above are “essential functions” of the job, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
HHMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer