University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThe candidate is expected to take a major role in multiple projects in the Weiser-Evans laboratory focusing on vascular biology. The major responsibility of the Postdoctoral Fellow position is to carry out all aspects of projects including animal procedures, including surgery, tissue harvest from these animals, and preparation for analysis, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence staining, flow cytometry, cell culture, molecular biology and next-generation sequencing approaches. The candidate is expected to work in close association with technicians and graduate students in a supervisory role, including training in the use of equipment and procedures and overseeing the progress of experiments conducted by others. The candidate will be expected to present regular research-in-progress lectures to various groups within the University and to write postdoctoral fellowship grant applications.Professional FieldVascular Biology ResearchExamples of Work PerformedThe duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Transgenic mouse colony management and genotyping (5%)
- Perform surgery in mouse models of cardiovascular diseases (10%)
- Mouse sacrifice and tissue harvest (20%)
- Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence staining (10%)
- Microscopic imaging, confocal imaging and image analysis (20%)
- Cell culture maintenance and in vitro experiments (5%)
- Single cell suspension preparation, flow cytometry and cell sorting (10%)
- Molecular and biochemical assays, such as western blotting, qPCR, molecular cloning. (10%)
- Bioinformatics analysis of next-generation sequencing data (10%)
- PhD, MD, or PhD/MD preferably in the cardiovascular or related field
- Two years of experience managing genetic mouse colonies and animal handing/surgery
- Three years of experience with standard molecular and cellular biology microscopy and cell culture techniques.
- Experience in vascular biology.Proven experience and familiarity with confocal/fluorescent microscopy imaging.Basic knowledge in bioinformatics data analysis.
- To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work independently within the research laboratory.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 22, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing