Financial Analyst 1
Financial Analyst 1
Job Number: 89278
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, within the Department of Medicine, is seeking a Financial Analyst 1. The Financial Analyst 1 will work under general supervision of a Research Administrator and a Finance Manager. It is critical that this position exhibit strong attention to detail, excellent skills with software applications such as Excel. Proficiency with Oracle and Stanford financial systems is an added plus. This position must also exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies and procedures as they relate to finance - the ability to translate this information into operational successes will be critical.
The Analyst will be part of a larger finance team and will need excellent communication skills to work with staff and faculty and must be a team player.
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to development of budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Resolve issues within immediate work unit; Perform preliminary analysis, recognize exceptions and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.
- Ensure works complies with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- Participate as a member of a project team and contribute to change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- Serve as a first line resource to client groups on matters in work unit.
- Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back- up to other functions.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Reliable with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly pick up information and synthesize/summarize to the next level.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Understanding and ability to apply basic accounting skills and concepts.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Basic project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4451
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89278
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency