Program Director, Certified Phlebotomy Technician Training Program (Not-For-Credit Instruction)
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Position Description OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Chaffey College is seeking applicants to provide program oversight of not-for-credit instruction and program coordination in the Community Education Department's Certified Phlebotomy Technician Training Program. The College's phlebotomy training program is currently offered twice per year in 8-week sessions. Although most of the Program Director's work will revolve around these sessions, the individual must be available throughout the year available to address occasional inquiries from the program staff, California Department of Public Health, and students. All applicants are expected to meet the California Department of Public Health Minimum Qualifications for directors of this State-approved training (below). Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee employment or an interview.Responsibilities
Under the direction of and in coordination with the College's manager overseeing the Community Education Department, this role is responsible for operating and administering the program, ensuring quality of instruction, ensuring instructional presenter qualifications and expectations of instructional quality are met, arranging for clinical site assignments making clinical site visits, and ensuring continued program renewal including the preparation and submission of program renewal materials.Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Additional Information COMPENSATION
- Licensed physician and surgeon; licensed physician assistant; registered nurse; or person licensed under Chapter 3 of the California Business and Professions Code.
- Experience developing and delivering instructional curriculum and materials related to phlebotomy.
- Experience providing clinical instruction and/or experience supervising clinical students.
- Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory in a hospital setting.
- Ability to serve in a program director capacity exercising a responsibility for:
- Overall operation and administration of the phlebotomy training program; and Ensuring the quality of the technical, scientific and clinical instruction; and
- Ensuring that the person(s) providing instruction meets the qualifications of this section; and
- Ensuring that the person(s) providing instruction is competent and that his or her work performance is periodically evaluated, monitored and documented.
The annual time commitment is anticipated to be approximately 35 hours per program session (two anticipated per year) inclusive of time needed to communicate on behalf of the program throughout the year. Compensation is $2,000 per session. Additional compensation will be negotiated to complete the program's renewal process every two (2) years (due in 2022). APPLICATION PROCESS
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey
. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents: Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Cover Letter
- Copies of appropriate certificate(s) and/or License(s) (Please upload by clicking on "Add supplemental attachment")
This is a temporary assignment as an hourly employee renewable at the discretion of the College. The selected applicant must be available to complete the responsibilities described according to timelines and schedules established by the College. Compensation is $2,000 per session and is inclusive of time needed to communicate on behalf of the program throughout the year
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/3056738/program-director-certified-phlebotomy-technician-training-program-not-for-credi
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency