Addiction Physician, Clinical Track, Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor Rank, Non-tenuredLocation:
New Orleans LAOpen Date:
Apr 15, 2021Description:
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences invites applicants for a full-time board eligible/board certified Addiction Physician, at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank. Clinical responsibilities will include providing addiction consult services to help Tulane Medical Center, and other contracted sites, provide comprehensive evidence-based patient care. The selected candidate will be able to provide a multisystem biopsychosocial addiction evaluation of patients that includes a thorough review of history, diagnostic studies and co-morbid illness. They will be able to provide assessment for co-occurring conditions and make provisions for treatment, continuation of care or referral for higher level of care when appropriate. Teaching responsibilities include the supervision of addiction medicine fellows, psychiatry residents and medical students rotating through the clinical facilities serviced by this position. The position also includes teaching in the didactic series in the addiction medicine fellowship, adult psychiatry residency, adult psychiatry grand rounds as well as other Tulane affiliated lecture needs to further promote and destigmatize the specialty of Addiction treatment.Qualifications:
- Candidate must be professionally competent and be board eligible/certified in addiction specialty (medicine or psychiatry)
- Candidate must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Louisiana, have a current state and federal prescriptive authority as well as a valid DATA 2000 waiver to prescribe buprenorphine products for the treatment of addiction.
- Candidates must be eligible for clinical privileges at Tulane Medical Center (TMC) under the appropriate staff category and must agree to abide by those privileges as outlined by the current bylaws of these institutions.
- Successful completion of an accredited Addiction Medicine/Addiction Psychiatry fellowship training program
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission:
- Cover Letter
- Reference list (including email and cellphone) of 3 references that can be contacted for reference by the Tulane Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Unofficial transcript