Nurse Practitioner InstructorLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Apr 16, 2021Description:
The Nurse Practitioner performs a variety of services ranging from primary patient care of adults (Employees of Tulane University) with acute minor illnesses and chronic stabilized illnesses to health assessment, planning, teaching, counseling, and clinic management for preventative medicine clinics, as well as supervises medical and nursing staff assigned to the clinic.Qualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Completion of an ANA-approved Nurse Practitioner program with national certification.
- Louisiana licensure to practice professional nursing plus recognition or licensure by the State Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by the date of hire.
- One year of full-time professional clinical nurse experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (word and excel)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to implement the philosophy and objectives of the program.
- Ability to make comprehensive accurate assessments and decisions and plan care in accordance with assessments.
- Extensive knowledge of current medical, rehabilitative and nursing care techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the clinic and center staff to serve the Employees.
- Ability to function independently and recognize when consultation is appropriate.
- Ability to interpret physical findings and refer or treat/manage the patient as the condition or protocol dictates.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals or groups in providing health education.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community and sponsoring agencies in cooperation with the community.
- Ability and willingness to work nontraditional hours as requested or required.