: Academic AffairsLocations:
: Poughkeepsie, NYPosted:
: Apr 20, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The A&P Mechanical Lecturer is a full time faculty position tasked to support the AMT program at the Dutchess County Airport. The selected individual will be teaching in the program beginning in June 2021, but they will need to be hired as soon as possible in order to complete preliminary tasks required for the program, including:
- Setting up the tool room, parts room, and equipment for the hangar as it is delivered;
- Researching and ordering needed parts and supplies;
- Training on some of the instructional aids;
- Care and maintenance of aircraft;
- Building trainers; and
- Writing curriculum lessons, projects, tests, and worksheets.
The full -time instructor will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Assisting in determining that lessons and lesson plans are in conformity with DCC's approved FAR Part 147 curriculum;
- Instructing, directing, and supervising the activity of students while they are enrolled in the program to ensure compliance with DCC's academic standards and the various rules and regulations relating to the instruction being given;
- Evaluating student performance to determine satisfactory progress is being made to meet DCC's academic performance standards and FAR Part 147 performance standards;
- Conferring with, assisting, and advising students in order to meet the academic and training standards of DCC and FAR Part 147;
- Working with DCC administration to evaluate and improve the training program;
- Insuring that tools and equipment used in the training program are properly used and cared for to prevent damage or injury to the equipment or students; and insuring that all Personal Protective Equipment is used by both the instructor and students in order to prevent personal hazards and injuries.
- Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology or other related technical service field; AND
- Currently effective FAA Mechanic Certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant ratings; AND
- At least three to five years' experience exercising the privileges of both the Airframe and Powerplant mechanic certificate ratings as indicated by 14 CFR Part 65.83.
- BA./BS in Aviation science or related field preferred.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
Compensation includes a competitive salary for a 12 month 1904-hour instruction year, plus benefits including accrued paid time off, medical, dental, retirement, tuition reimbursement, life insurance and long term disability
Full Time Faculty positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement between Dutchess Community College and Dutchess United Educators (DUE).
To apply please submit application, resume and cover letter.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.