Job no: 495568About Us:
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Academic Programs, Education and Training, Research
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/
. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Serves in a temporary position that enables an individual with their Ph.D. to continue their training as a researcher and gain skills and experience that will prepare them for their research career in academia or elsewhere. As a postdoc, the position can perform mostly independent research, collaborate on a multi-scholar research initiative, or even may have lead responsibility for discrete components of a larger research project or program, all while under the general direction of a senior or principal researcher.Level Scope:
Serves in a temporary position that enables an individual with their Ph.D. to continue their training as a researcher and gain skills and experience that will prepare them for their research career in academia or elsewhere. As a postdoc, the position can perform mostly independent research, collaborate on a multi-scholar research initiative, or even may have lead responsibility for discrete components of a larger research project or program, all while under the general direction of a senior or principal researcher.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Postdoctoral Research
● Problem solve research challenges and model development, as applicable.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Contribute discrete components of a larger project under the general direction of a senior or principal researcher.
● Prepare complete documentation of research activities for reference purposes, including following applicable data management protocols.
● Analyze, interpret, and document research findings for review.
● Compare actual and expected results and suggest solutions to correct the deviations.
● Evaluate existing research or modeling techniques and recommend improvements to ensure quality and productivity.
● Assist in the preparation of proposals and reports.
● Assist in teaching classes.
● The selected candidate must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and to continue working legally for the proposed term of the appointment.Minimum Qualifications:
● Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
● Scientific writing skills demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications
● Ability to acquire accurate, reproducible data
● Critical eye towards consistency, reproducibility, and the scientific method in general
● Excellent project and time management skills
● Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
● Advocate for safety and ethics in the workplace
Requires a PhD in land use, land systems, econometrics and spatial analysis, and social-ecological systems or related field, OR a MS and scholarly publications in one of these fields
We are seeking a candidate with expertise in land use, land systems, econometrics and spatial analysis, and social-ecological systems. Competitive candidates will have a PhD and research or job experience related to the topics above. We also welcome applications from candidates with a M.S. and a publication record in topics related to this research, and we will consider exceptional prospective PhD student candidates. Boise State University embraces and welcomes diversity in its faculty, student body, and staff. Accordingly, applicants who would add to the diversity and excellence of our academic community are encouraged to apply.Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is $50,000. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
CV and cover letter
Advertised: June 24, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: August 22, 2021 5:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time