Posting Code: 3056971About Us:
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/
. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Perform basic patient care functions to assist the nursing/clinical staff in a medical clinic with the examination or treatment of patients; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.Essential Functions:
35% of the time the Position must:
All Lab Functions and Duties
- Blood drawing (phlebotomy): centrifuge blood tubes, fill out lab requisition forms, prepare specimens for transport to outside lab services, perform CLIA-waived tests in-house, assist with special screening testing required for specific programs, example sickle cell screenings for NCAA athletes
- Injections: immunizations, allergy injections, TB skin tests, medication administration including contraceptives per medical provider written orders
- Specialty Student Campaigns: assist with student immunization clinics, specific screening tests for programs using standing orders per Medical Director
60% of the the time the Position must:
Patient Check-in and General Care
- Get patient ready and set up for specific exams; e.g., all vital signs, gowning, eye chart examinations, surgical tray set up, organization for patient-provider flow, performing necessary lab tests prior to provider seeing patient as per standing orders of specific provider.
- General care: ear irrigation, eye exam, autoclaving, EKG’s, nebulizer treatments, glucometer checks, cleaning instruments, CLIA-waived tests. Exam room stocking, respiratory treatments and testing including spirometry, pulse oxymetry, OSHA compliance testing, QA participation, assisting with minor surgical procedures.
- Dispensary: Refill medications based on medical provider orders, administer medications via appropriate routes per medical provider orders, assist with inventory control, expiration checks, dispensing per medical provider orders.
5% of the time the Position must:
Scheduling Appointments and General Other Office Duties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Make appointments with medical or counseling providers as appropriate or needed.
- Return phone calls, call in refills to outside pharmacies, triage and contact regarding labor other test results.
- Phone triage for students calling for medical advice, direction or home health care management.
- Other clinical and non-clinical duties as assigned.
- Experience: in medication administration; performing clinical venipuncture, injections, and vital signs; in obtaining health histories.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
Experience: performing Medical Assistant duties under the supervision of a licensed physician or designated clinical staff. Basic knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT medical coding (International Classification of Diseases - 9th Revision Clinical Modification and Current Procedural Terminology). Experience using a computer to enter and retrieve information.
Salary and Benefits:
- Two to three years minimum MA experience in a similar setting.
- Knowledge of basic CPT and ICD-9 coding is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to recognize when help is needed and respond in a caring manner
- Self-starter and takes initiative within scope of responsibility
Pay ranges from #13.00 to $16.67 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a resume with employment history and a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications.
Advertised: June 22, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: July 30, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time