Administrative Assistant for Student Support Team (short-term)(Bard High School Early College Q...
Bard High School Early College QueensAdministrative Assistant for Student Support Team (short-term)(Bard High School Early College Queens, NY)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/86641
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Queens -- a partnership of Bard College and the New York City Department of Education -- invites applications for a short-term, hourly position as an administrative assistant for our student support team. The academic program at Bard emphasizes small class size and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal-arts environment. To learn more about our program, you can go to this web site: http://www.bard.edu/earlycollege/about/. This administrative assistant position will begin as early as the end of April, and will run through the second week of June.
- Making calls to families as needed (attendance, Homework Club, scheduling meetings with counselors and for special education team, summer school, etc)
- Tracking compliance items for our special education team and helping to schedule meetings.
- Teacher outreach, like Counseling Screen emails gathering information about students (also keeping track of which teachers responded and reaching out a second time to those who have not) and for information from teachers for our special education students
- Attending weekly counseling department and attendance meetings
- Learning about community resources so as to assist with counselor referrals
- Collecting documentation for 504 Plans, organizing digital files, entering data into ATS, as well as sending emails to teachers of students with 504 Plans and IEPs
- Sending counselors reminders about data entry for Special Education reporting, also reminders about IEP Meetings dates
- Assisting with planning, organization, and implementation of the Student Awards Ceremony.
We are seeking someone who:
- recognizes and appreciates the challenges of serving such a diverse student body
- Is a strong communicator (in both speech & writing)
- Is organized
- Takes initiative
- Plans ahead
- Can stay calm, even in difficult situations
- Works hard
- Is patient.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and provide contact information for references which should be available upon request. Submit materials through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/86641
Review of applications begins immediately and will proceed until the positions are filled.