Vice Chancellor for Finance
Vice Chancellor for FinanceSouth University Corporate Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of AmericaReq #918 Tuesday, April 20, 2021 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The position has oversight responsibility; managing the financial operations of South University with respect to the integrity of key metrics; execution of University Administration directed financial policies and controls; ownership over the integrity of financial statements, treasury and other assets, budgets and forecasts. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality service to students; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of faculty and staff; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, student learning, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- This position works with University Administration to ensure integrity of financial statements and plans; compliance over internal controls; implementation and execution of financial policies; development of models and analysis to help drive company growth and efficiency; continuous improvement in the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the financial operations of the campuses.
- Act in tandem with the Campus/SUO Presidents to oversee long term planning and investment analysis; manage annual operational and capital planning, analysis and forecasts; assist campuses and online learning division in meeting consolidated operating income goals. Manage financial analytics. Translate University strategies into corresponding financial targets. Implement reporting infrastructure to produce timely KPI’s necessary for the organization’s success.
- Serve as lead to ensure policies and procedures directed by University Administration are rolled out and executed effectively throughout the system. Participate in the development of policies and procedures to ensure they are tailored appropriately.
- Communicate key indicator results to the University Administration, campus leaders and campus key financial personnel, and continuously assess best practices, deficiencies and training opportunities. Assists with building improvement plans where necessary.
- Provides effective, measurable training for campus key financial personnel. Lead succession planning efforts for finance function throughout the system.
- Identifies and communicates issues to the campus Presidents and to University Administration with an emphasis on integrity of financial statements, budgets and forecasts, financial operations and controls.
- Responsible for other financial/accounting duties as dictated by operational or financial needs.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required. CPA preferred. MBA preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in financial management.
- Excellent general business knowledge.
- Not for profit financial accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Listen to students, staff, etc, and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsRequired EducationBachelor’s Degree Apply Now
- South University Corporate Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America
Share this job: