Dental Assistant (Part time) - Battle Building Pediatrics
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-11
Assists the dentist utilizing comprehensive four-handed dentistry techniques.Selects proper instruments and tray set-ups. Accurately records findings of examinations for dentists, completes images using appropriate techniques and follows infection control standards. Receives and triages patients and notifies dentist of patient status as needed.
- Assists in the dental treatment of patients to include seating the patient reviewing the medical history with the patient and reporting to the dentist any changes from the previous visit and the reason for the current visit.
- Takes develops and mounts intra and extra oral radiographs used in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Prepares patient for operative procedures and assists the dentist by passing instruments having necessary equipment on hand providing suction and retraction.
- Mixes dental materials and monitors the patient’s vital signs and comfort level throughout the procedure. Monitors the patient's comfort level throughout the procedure and vital signs as needed.
- Cleans sterilizes and assembles instruments and equipment throughout the day.
- Requisitions supplies equipment and maintains a well stocked operatory.
- Maintains clinic appearance and monitors area for any safety violation.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required. Successful completion of a Dental Radiation Safety Course by an Accredited Program of Study required.
Licensure: American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification with to be completed within 90 days of hire date. Dental Assistant Certification within two years of hire date.
Job requires sitting/standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/traveling, steps) and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, radiation, noise. blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.