DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver
Sr Marketing Professional
Position #728348 – Requisition 20950
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The Business School has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Sr Marketing Professional position.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students—all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here
. CU Denver
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers—CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.Nature of Work
The Senior Marketing Professional is a key member of the Marketing team who is responsible for developing communications strategies that integrate with the larger marketing goals in the annual Business School Strategic Marketing Plan. They will have primary responsibility for creating communication and promotional plans, developing content, deploying messages through identified marketing communications channels and measuring effectiveness for specific communication campaigns. Work will be produced in a highly collaborative environment.Supervision Received
This position is directly supervised by the Director of Marketing. Supervision Exercised
This position supervises 2-3 part-time Marketing Student Assistants. Examples of Work Performed
The Senior Marketing Professional is responsible for planning and implementing communication strategies for reaching targeted audiences of the Business School.
Salary and Benefits:
- Under the supervision of the Marketing Director, this position will to develop communication plans that align with school initiatives identified in the annual Business School Strategic Plan.
- Write and distribute key organizational messages through marketing channels that include: press releases, talking points, print brochures, flyers, newsletters, social media, websites and email communications in Salesforce CRM.
- Manage strategy to build audiences and increase engagement across all social media platforms.
- Tracking and reporting on analytics associated with web, email and social media and adjusting campaign tactics accordingly.
- Train and supervise marketing student employees to write stories and post on social media.
- Assist the Marketing Director with managing budgets and vendors for communications-based projects.
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $49,673 to $ 60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting."The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration or other closely related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with all of the following writing and developing marketing content developing, reviewing and delivering multi-channel marketing initiatives managing day to day social media efforts for a company or organization including posting in an official capacity in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration or closely related field
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Experience using advertising platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, and LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Experience using CRMs including Salesforce and or Slate
- Experience using Salesforce email tools Pardot and or Marketing Cloud
- Experience project managing projects for a team
- Minimum 1 year of experience interacting with local media outlets
- Bonus points for experience with the Agile methodology for project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in digital tools, CRM, and content management systems, such as: WordPress, Salesforce, Slate, Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Sprout Social, and Google tools
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in social media platforms for business and ability to optimize social media presence to improve brand positioning
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management leadership experience
- Ability to develop training aids and instruction for partners
- Proficiency in Mac environment
- Ability to both lead a team and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work under little supervision
Apr 19, 2021Unposting Date: