Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Number: 89239
Stanford is one of the world's leading universities, supported by diverse staff who share a passion for the University's teaching, learning, research, and clinical care mission. Explore some of the many perks enjoyed by our employees at https://sweeteners.stanford.edu.
Along with many of the University's core departments, the Office of Research Administration (ORA) is based at Stanford's Redwood City campus, featuring state-of-the-art buildings, a recreation and fitness center, dining pavilion, and central Bay Area location, five miles away from the historical Stanford campus (see https://redwoodcity.stanford.edu).
In compliance with health and safety laws and policies related to COVID-19, the Office of Research Administration has been working remotely since March 2020, and will continue to do so in the near future. Interviewing for this position will be done virtually.
As a member of Research Administration Policy and Compliance (RAPC) team in the Office of Research Administration, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for Service Centers' compliance oversight. This position will report to the Senior Director of Research Administration Policy and Compliance.
This position will perform complex finance functions and/or activities with programmatic impact on the institution, requiring professional expertise and application of internal policies and systems and external regulations.
The Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex and high dollar value budgets.
- Research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow up analysis.
- Analyze complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations; design and run ad hoc reports.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis using advanced technical knowledge and experience.
- Report service center rates, financial performance and unallowable costs to the Government
- Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise. May review the work of other staff. Work closely with Sr. Director, RAPC.
This position works closely with university service centers administration and campus wide finance departments.
This role will eventually serve as the University's subject matter expert in Service Centers compliance oversight, related systems; and will be the business owner for COSO controls.
Heavy involvement with the following systems is expected: iLab, Grants Accounting, and Oracle Business Intelligence.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and eight to ten years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge or experience in complex financial analysis within the Higher Education industry is highly desirable and preferred.
- Knowledge of Service Centers concepts, OMB Uniform Guidance principles and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Invoicing/Billing systems; Oracle Applications (Grants Accounting, AP, GL)
- Advanced proficiency in business applications such as Excel, Oracle Business Intelligence
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to campus users and management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to a multi-functional team.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4453
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 89239
Location: Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency