Manager of Sales and Marketing, Knoebel Events
The Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver seeks to hire an industry professional as Manager of Sales and Marketing for Knoebel Events at the Fritz School of Hospitality Management. This role works directly with the full time events team at the hospitality school as well as with all internal and external event clients that host events within the school. This team member will also have a direct working relationship with all student staff and student managers that are a part of the events team.
- Creating weekly banquet event orders by working directly with clients to obtain all pertinent event information.
- Inputs, retrieves, and updates event information and produces event reports through a computerized event management system.
- Finalizes event requirements.
- Conducting weekly catering meetings and presenting all information to the events team and student managers.
- Working directly with Knoebel Events clients to ensure a seamless event experience.
- Assisting the Director of Sales with tradeshow events, Knoebel Event Sales Showcase events, client site tours and event tastings.
- Creating custom menus and event marketing pieces for Knoebel Events as new menus are released and as is warranted throughout the year.
- Overseeing all Knoebel Events social media marketing and accounts.
- Create social media strategy and content to keep Knoebel Events current and active on all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as profit and loss statements, contracts and budgets.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables and/or locations.
- Employee plans own work and oversees the work of others and is expected to deal with specialized situations and make independent decisions.
- Ability to effectively work with hospitality technology.
- Ability to effectively mentor/guide the work of student managers and student employees.
- Knowledge of event planning.
- High level of organizational skills including the ability to coordinate numerous tasks simultaneously and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work well with various constituencies including donors, alumni, students, faculty and staff, clients and parents.
- Knowledge of state and local health code guidelines.
- Familiar with different POS systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year of experience in a sales, marketing or catering role.
- Ability to obtain and retain ServSafe Food and Alcohol certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or business.
- Two years of experience in a supervisory sales, marketing or catering role.
- Knowledge of Caterease Catering Software.
- Active ServSafe Food and Alcohol certifications.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.