Limited Term Faculty in Spanish
Job Title: Limited Term Faculty in Spanish
Location: UNG - Cumming/Forsyth
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226140
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a full-time limited term faculty in Spanish for Fall of 2021. This position will work primarily on the Dahlonega and Cummings campuses.Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include teaching four (4) undergraduate Spanish language/culture courses per semester.
- Teaching schedule may include assignments on other campuses, evening or on-line classes.
- Master's degree in Spanish Language, Literature, Linguistics, or Foreign Language Education (Language Pedagogy) with an emphasis in Spanish or closely related field at the time of appointment, or Ph.D.
- Experience teaching Spanish at the university level
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English
- Ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.