Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania
The founding Registrar will be responsible for the operations of the Office of the Registrar and maintaining accuracy and integrity of student academic records as well as recommending and upholding academic policies for the newest community college in Pennsylvania Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania (ECCCPA). The registrar will provide strategic direction and oversight of the college’s registration policies and procedures. The new leader will provide exceptional administrative, logistic, and record-keeping services for students, faculty, staff, and alumni and ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies. Setting the vision for a state-of-the-art and forward-thinking registrar’s function, the registrar will guide, support, mentor, and foster a culture of inclusion, equity, transparency, open communication, teamwork, student-centeredness, and service.
The position reports to the Dean of Students, Student Success and Innovation and is an exempt confidential position. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing campus-wide registration efforts and day-to-day operations of course registration functions. The position has a central responsibility for leadership in providing effective and ethical onboarding services for new students and proactive support of Registrar-related duties for all students.
- Maintain the integrity of student information and manage processes and procedures for data entry and storage.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Registrar and manage the internal quality assurance within the department.
- Oversees the development of efficient term schedules following the academic calendar.
- Develops and suggests best practices to improve the experiences for students, faculty, and staff.
- Facilitate the implement of software programs for student information.
- Develop policies, procedures, reporting, and forms for the department to provide a solid user experience across the college and to support student retention efforts; advise on policy improvements with the goal of improving processes across the college.
- Support and serve students throughout their education journey by providing a strong student-centered experience.
- Work closely with all related departments.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of experience working in a Registrar's Office in higher education, preferably at a community college, in a managerial capacity.
- Minimum three years of experience managing staff.
- Experience working in highly diverse settings, both rural and urban communities.
- Experience with FERPA and other issues related to maintenance, security and archiving of student records.
- Experience with information systems and software supporting the registration functions.
- Demonstrable data fluency and ability to produce, analyze and use data for operational purposes.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of organizational skill, meticulous in detail.
- Exceptional customer service and negotiating skills are required.
- Experience working with highly diverse settings in both rural and urban communities.
- Must espouse a collaborative work ethic.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
How to apply:
Please submit a letter of interest with how your qualifications and experiences meet the above requirements, a detailed resume and a list of 5 references, including 2 supervisors, with contact information. Please submit applications immediately. The target date for full consideration of application is May 10, 2021. The search will remain open until the position is filled. Please email inquiries, nominations, and applications to [email protected]
Erie County Community College is an equal opportunity institution that operates in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other bases under federal or local laws in its programs and activities.
Apply for Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly