Senior Post Award Grants and Contracts Administrator - Biocomplexity Institute
Job location: TOWN CENTER FOUR
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-19
The Biocomplexity Institute and Initiative (BII) at the University of Virginia is seeking applications for a highly skilled Senior Post Award Grants and Contracts Administrator to join our Research Administration team. This exciting new initiative provides a huge opportunity to grow the breadth and depth of biocomplexity research for Virginia and the nation. Working closely with the faculty, the incumbent will focus on supporting post-award administration with our multi-million dollar grant funded research portfolio. Pivotal to ensuring good stewardship over the Institute’s research funding as well as providing high-quality customer service to all internal and external partners, this senior level provides high levels of client satisfaction through strong and mutually rewarding relationship management efforts.
BII is located in the UVA Research Park at 994 Research Park Boulevard, Charlottesville, VA. Due to the current conditions as a result of COVID-19, this position is expected to begin on a teleworking basis with the expectation to work onsite when it is deemed safe to do so.
To learn more about the BII, visit: https://biocomplexity.virginia.edu
- Assist Principal Investigators (PI) and department staff in the management of sponsored projects, including but not limited to regular account review, expenditure planning, and time and effort planning.
- Review of award guidelines; interpretation of sponsor terms and conditions; provide written summaries to PI.
- Serves as internal liaison ensuring that all funds are set up in a timely manner; prepares any necessary project advances; no-cost extensions, and ensures that funds are carried forward as appropriate.
- Contact sponsors for incremental funding needs and budget preparation.
- Maintain accurate award records and other requirements of sponsored program management, as mandated by federal, state and University regulations.
- Provide accurate funding reports to Investigators and Senior Management.
- Preparation and tracking of subcontract forms and requirements.
- Work with Finance Team to ensure proper set up and oversight of internally funded grants.
- Coordinate and review effort reporting with Finance Team.
- Supervise and train rising professionals in the grants and contracts arena.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience in grant and contract administration experience. Candidates with at least 10 years of grants and contracts experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Exercise a high level of professional judgment daily and possess a strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain a high level of organizational and problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Ability to interpret complex guidelines, provide specialized grants and contract advice, and align the program with federal, state and University policies and regulations.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside of the University.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Negotiate successful resolutions to various situations while demonstrating a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team unit as well as possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to change.
- Proficiency in using UVA's integrated system, UBI, Research UVA, and Recon@UVA.
- Experience working in higher education, government, research institutions, or other closely related organizations.
- A Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification.
This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project needs, availability of funding, and performance.
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin 5 days after posting.
Preference will be given to current UVA employees; however, external applicants will also be considered.
Complete an application online through Workday and attach the following:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter detailing your reason for applying
- Contact Information for 3 references
***Please note that you MUST upload multiple documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0023545'.
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0023545 .'
Questions related to the position may be directed to Savanna Galambos, Special Assistant for Administrative Affairs, email@example.com. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Daniel Strong, firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an Exempt level, benefit-eligible position. All roles within the institute are restricted positions and are dependent upon project need, availability of funding, and performance. This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings and programs.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position also requires an Education Verification (FSAKA).
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Five years of grant and contract experience. Four additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Licensure: Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification is preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.