Medical Education Program Administrator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-19
The Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia School of Medicine (SOM) seeks applicants for a Medical Education Program Administrator to assist with the Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency. This position ensures a smooth operation for the day-to-day activities and administrative needs for the trainees, program directors and administrators. The Education Administrator for Cardiothoracic Surgery oversees all aspects of the Integrated Thoracic and Traditional Thoracic training programs. Responsibilities include; management of recruitment, call schedules, weekly education schedule, record keeping, accreditation requirements, advising/counseling, curriculum support and communication with program directors, trainees, faculty and trainees.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with course leadership to develop academic schedules, distribute materials/instructions for trainees and faculty, and coordinate with other UVa faculty/administrators.
- Assist in all aspects of the program as needed.
- Coordinate and attend required meetings for the program with program administration, faculty and trainees.
- Collect and interpret data regarding recruitment, enrollment, progress, retention, and graduation requirements of program participants.
- Monitor and assist with the completion of graduation requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating program evaluation and recommending improvements and changes based on feedback.
- Oversee and run trainee activities including: organization of simulation labs with faculty and trainees, and tracking trainee progress throughout the program.
- Provide administrative support as required for program, program directors, trainees, department, and education team.
- Assist with departmental events as needed.
- Financial duties include: the management of all funds related to the program, utilizing multiple systems for purchasing, and setting up catering orders, etc.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Only need 1 of the below combinations)
- High school diploma and 6 years of relevant experience, including curriculum design experience in an academic setting, professional society, or medical society.
- Associate degree and 4 years of relevant experience, including curriculum design experience in an academic setting, professional society, or medical society.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience, including curriculum design experience in an academic setting, professional society, or medical society.
* Relevant experience will preferably be providing administrative support to a medical education program.
Applicants must be highly organized and have excellent written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required, as well as the ability to use Zoom. This position ensures a smooth operation of the day-to-day business and administrative needs for the OME.
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on April 29, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for requisition # R0023761. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0023761. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.