Dean of Student Success- REMOTE position
*This is remote position*
Position Summary: The Dean of Student Success is committed and dedicated to providing the highest levels of service to students; this includes both campus-based students and online students. The Dean of Student success leads the Student Success team which serves as the direct contact for students in need of assistance and provides student services support to students. This support includes providing prompt problem resolution, options for receiving personal support from the campus or community, remedies designed to improve student retention, and other strategies to meet organizational benchmarks and goals. This position requires collaboration with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Master’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of higher education leadership experience with direct responsibility for student retention can be considered in lieu of Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience working directly with students in a higher education environment.
- Minimum of five years’ leadership experience in higher education
- Experience working with online students in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Prior experience working with Canvas and/or CampusNexus preferred.
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer services
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and achieve demanding results
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data
- Ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom
The purpose of this job description is to document the major responsibilities and duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University
|Work Type:||Full Time|
Share this job with your network: