PT Instructor, Interior Design
PT Instructor, Interior Design
Salary: To Be Determined Based on PT Faculty Salary Schedule
Start Date: Fall 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Chabot College, Hayward, CA
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a PT Instructor, Interior Design for the Fall Semester 2021 at Chabot College in Hayward, CA. The ideal candidate must have a passion for teaching and learning and a strong commitment to the missions and values of the community college.
The Instructor, Interior Design will be expected to provide instruction in the following areas:
- Hand drafting for Interior Design
- AutoCAD (digital drafting)
- History of Interiors and Furnishings
- Fundamental of Lighting
- Kitchen and Bath Design
- Materials and Resources
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses offered in the Interior Design curriculum, including hand drafting, digital drafting, presentation and graphics courses.
- Assist in curriculum revisions and new course development.
- Consult with students during regularly scheduled office and lab hours.
Any Bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any Associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Evidence of understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent” provision must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above.
- Have a professional level of Interior Design competence and successful experience in teaching Interior Design, including both digital and hand drafting at the college level.
- Mastery level knowledge of Interior Design discipline courses.
- Knowledge of successful teaching techniques that engage students in their own learning, motivate students to develop higher order thinking skills and ensure consistent and appropriate monitoring of student progress.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform the essential functions of the positions.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
TO APPLY, please send the following application materials to the contact listed below:
3.Transcripts (Un-officials accepted for application purposes.)
Department:Interior Design Department
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.