Marketing Manager, Division of Marketing & Communications
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement.
The Marketing Manager (MM) oversees development of key external and internal marketing tools. The MM will advance the institutions brand reputation through the successful execution of purposeful campaigns, projects, creative work and messaging to showcase the universitys brand and strategic initiatives. The MM supports unit leadership in a variety of ways, including oversight of advertising fulfillment, brand ambassador engagement, promotional event experiences, marketing asset production, toolkit development, campaign execution and marketing evaluation. The MM leads and maintains the strategic development and distribution of a variety of marketing materials in electronic and print format, including web content, brochures, fact sheets and posters, scripts and talking points, advertisements (display, ppc, paid social, print, OOH, underwriting, video, audio, etc.), promotional articles, emails, and environmental displays; writes and edits content as needed; supervises select marketing team members; coordinates special events/sponsorships and the work of designers, videographers, photographers, writers and select vendors.
As a member of the university's marketing team, this collaborative position interfaces with the unit marketing, strategic positioning, creative, operations/finance and communications teams, as well as the universitys agencies and internal partners to ensure the successful delivery of a heavy schedule of short- and long-term projects. Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Marketing & Brand Management and in collaboration with the remainder of the units leadership team, the MM provides clarity and structure to direction for the successful execution of brand marketing projects, campaigns and initiatives and tracks progress to ensure delivery that is on message, on time and on budget according to established targets. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with colleagues across the unit to evaluate the effectiveness of DUs brand promotion and publicity efforts to advise leadership on adjustments to strategy and implementation. Additionally, the MM will provide consultation for campus partners and collaborate with the Sr. Director to refine processes, manage projects/timelines, and ensure excellent customer service to campus stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for the degree qualification).
- 5 years of experience executing marketing or advertising initiatives across multiple channels, including digital and print, to achieve unit goals.
- Experience writing, producing and editing informational and marketing materials as well as talking points.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communication, public relations or related field.
- 8 years of experience executing marketing or advertising initiatives across multiple channels, including digital and print, to achieve unit goals.
- Experience planning and placing paid media/advertising.
- Previous supervision experience.
- Project management certification.
- Track record of demonstrating initiative in identifying innovative techniques for navigating the modern marketing landscape and a willingness to learn new techniques in real time.
- Demonstrable understanding of the higher education market.
- Experience using content management systems and other distribution tools, including web, email, and customer relationship management/marketing automation systems.
- Familiarity with enrollment management practices and corresponding marketing strategies.
- Familiarity with advancement and fundraising practices and corresponding marketing strategies.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 13.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $97,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.