Campus Safety OfficerLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Apr 16, 2021Description:
Responsible for the detection and prevention of crime and for the enforcement of all College rules, policies and procedures. Individual will perform a variety of enforcement, security, safety and community service duties associated with the protection of life and property and maintenance of order. The work hours are 3pm to 11pm Thursday through Monday, with Tuesday and Wednesdays off.
- Patrols assigned areas on foot, bicycle, vehicle; provides a sense of security to all persons and property in these assigned areas.
- Responds in a timely manner to reported criminal incidents, violent or disruptive behavior, hazards, alarms and other emergency situations. When required, prepares accurate documentation.
- Responds to all medical emergencies; transport medical equipment to the scene of a reported incident. Provide basic first aid & CPR when necessary.
- Develops a relationship with community members to identify and prioritize concerns; works together to eliminate problems that erode the quality of life in the community.
- Inspects institutional property and grounds for real or potential security and safety hazards; takes appropriate steps to minimize risk and eliminate hazards.
- Investigates incidents of criminal and non-criminal activity and submits written reports of such incidents.
- Supports and provides assistance to the victims of crime.
- Works special events/details as assigned.
- Performs courier service which includes pick up and delivery of payroll documentation, staff and administrative payroll, confidential memorandums and student examinations; transports VIP’s and other invited guests to and from regional transportation facilities; handles transfers and deposits between the Business Office and the National Bank and Trust.
- Enforces campus parking policies within the guidelines of the rules and regulations of the institution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school education plus three years related experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Must obtain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within one year of employment. Must be eligible to satisfy all requirements of the New York State Security Guard Act and possess a valid NYS Operator’s License and an excellent driving history.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and personal computer skills. Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm, logical manner and make quick decisions. Ability to prioritize work. Must be flexible with shift scheduling and work overtime as required.Application Instructions:
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.