Classroom Support Technician - (Monday - Friday 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-16
UVA Information Technology Services is seeking a Classroom Support Technician. The Classroom Support Technician installs, maintains, and supports technology-enhanced classrooms at the University of Virginia; making it possible for UVA to “serve the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world by developing responsible citizen leaders and professionals; advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge.” Technicians provide audio, video, computer, and other control hardware and software support; ensuring that university and department equipment remains functional for professors and students alike both virtually and in person. Experience working independently and using sound judgment in decision-making under pressure is required as is demonstrated experience working within a framework of standards and guidelines.
- Assists faculty, staff, and other end users with technology installed in classrooms.
- Troubleshoot networked, commercial audio, and video systems.
- Install and configure audio and video equipment in classrooms – including projectors, computers, and Crestron equipment, with the engineers guidance.
- Interpreting and wiring diagrams to terminate audio/video cables.
- Update/upgrade firmware/software on devices and computers, per instructions.
- Manage audio and video equipment using Crestron software tools.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in Microsoft Teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and 3 years of relevant experience providing customer support that includes some experience with IT-related support.
- Ability to be on-site in Charlottesville, VA (no opportunity for remote work).
- Occasional working on ladders, or scaffolding, up to 12 feet tall.
- Working with low voltage electrical power.
- Lifting of equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Frequent walking to accomplish tasks requiring the ability to walk up to 2-4 miles in an 8-hour shift.
This position is a full-time, benefitted, University Staff, hourly role. https://hr.virginia.edu/uva-employee-category. The selected applicant will work 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM (Monday – Friday.) Anticipated Hiring Range: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour (equivalent to $41,600 - $47,840 annually).
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply through Workday, and search for “R0023505” Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume, cover letter optional. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.