Senior Compliance Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-07
The University of Virginia Vice President for Finance seeks applicants for a Senior Compliance Analyst. This position is expected to be in-office once the University allows for our safe return to Grounds. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Financial Operations this position will oversee the University ARMICs process in regards to controls and compliance as well as be the primary administrator of UVA overall fiscal compliance framework. This individual will coordinate and interact with critical stakeholders and constituents including state agencies, higher education associations, UVA central administrative areas as well as UVA colleges, departments and other impacted and related entities.
A successful candidate would exemplify uncommon integrity, honesty and be a trusted partner, living the core values of the University. They should display great judgment and analytic skills and support the goals of both the department and the University. This position requires both independent initiative as well as an ability to fully engage in team collaboration on both administrative duties as well as functional skills and overall process improvement. The ideal candidate would be a self-guided, self-directed individual with strong decision making ability and strong interpersonal skills.
Diverse and Inclusive Teams is a core value of UVAFinance: We value diversity, equity, inclusivity, and respect. We strive to create a culture where every team member feels included and valued, and where different backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas are celebrated. UVAFinance is committed to the belief that diversity in all its forms is not merely a desirable complement to excellence; it is an essential component of it. The diversity of our team itself, and our team’s commitment to the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion, strengthens our ability to effectively serve staff, faculty, students, suppliers, and the University community. Within UVAFinance, we are taking these efforts seriously, both in terms of our service to the University, the community, and our commitment to our employees.
University Compliance Systems and Practices, Review and Assessments
- Conduct policy, procedure and transactional reviews as assigned by annual review plan or, as needed, by Associate Vice President for Finance.
- Collaborate successfully with Finance Outreach and Compliance stakeholders during reviews and follow up activities.
- Partner with ISDS and other IT service providers on the management and development of compliance systems and applications and COSO related framework
- Collect, analyze and present data to support the University's ARMICS reporting requirements.
- Generate accurate reports from available databases and report applications to be used in the selection of transactions for review and analysis around fiscal controls and compliance.
- Conduct a thorough review of selected transactions to evaluate proper handling and compliance with applicable requirements including reconciliation, work sampling, and post transactions attestation.
- Understand and fully comply with University policies, procedures and standards.
- Resolve and conclude reviews and follow up activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate (verbal and written) clearly, concisely, and consistently on all matters and respond in a prompt and timely manner.
- Monitor both the system(s) and the associated practices of University units to assure they are compliant with requirements.
- Generate and distribute compliance reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain compliance documents in accordance with University records management policies and other applicable requirements.
Policy, Procedure, Training, Report, and Job Aid Development
- Identify opportunities to increase and enhance outreach or training activities and advise Supervisor, Finance Training Lead, or the assigned Training and Development Specialist as appropriate.
- Benchmark best practices within higher education and government.
- Participate in the clear and consistent communication of compliance topics to University stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain respectful, cooperative and productive work relationships with co-workers, team members, project leads, supervisor and other members of the University community.
Professional Development and Engagement
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise and keep other members of the University community apprised of pending changes as appropriate.
- Participate in professional organizations and forums related subject matter expertise, process improvement, training/communication, and organizational excellence.
- Serve on internal advisory committees, project teams, and other groups to support institutional priorities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA is desirable
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in financial audit, accounting, or related work
Anticipated Hiring Range
$70,000 to $85,000 per year, commensurate with experience, qualifications, and budgetary factors with UVA benefits.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Senior Compliance Analyst". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
Due to the current conditions as a result of COVID-19, this position is expected to begin on a teleworking basis with the expectation to work based on UVA Policy and practices resulting from our Return to Grounds analysis in the future. Telework, hybrid work, and on grounds presence is being fully evaluated and will be assessed when safe to do so.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter, at email@example.com. Applicant review will begin April 21. This position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.