Overview and Responsibilities
CVTC is seeking candidates for a Programmer Analyst or Systems Analyst position, position to be determined based on candidate qualifications. This position may be responsible for analyzing, designing, creating, modifying, testing, implementing, and maintaining enhancements and interfaces for assigned software applications. This position also has responsibility for maintaining system documentation, training “power users”, providing technical support services, detailed systems design and development, strategic area planning, and providing reports/reporting capability for relevant application areas. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology/Chief Information Officer.
This position will be based out of CVTC’s Business Education Center and, although may include some remote work, is considered an on-site position.
- Provide technical support for implementation and administration of assigned module(s) of college information systems.
- Provide detailed business/systems analysis and design for on-going business process improvements. Review user requirements and needs, complete all programming, testing, and documentation necessary to complete development tasks.
- Continually monitor emerging technology trends in areas of responsibility in order to quickly adapt to new technologies/business change.
- Prepare software requirements following standards; provide technical support and assistance for software development by other staff.
- Develop, modify, and maintain assigned software applications per requirements.
- Carry out fact finding and program analysis of problems; apply established procedures to bring resolution.
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation.
- Create reports using standard reporting tools such as Cognos.
- Provide technical advice and support to users, including creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training, and problem solving.
- Provide training to other IT Analysts in areas of responsibility to increase the business and technical understanding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, plus additional related training and/or education; bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in application systems design, programming, and analysis.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711