Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225743
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/database
- Ability to work early/late hours, nights/weekends and up to two weeks on call a month
CCRC, CCRA, or CCRP certification is highly desirable; BLS certification is a plusResponsibilities The Research Associate in this position will provide assistance to the overall functioning activities of the Clinical Trials Office (CTO). The CTO is an interdisciplinary research unit that provides support for physician-initiated, grant-funded, and industry sponsored clinical trials. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of clinical research trials to include meeting with drug company representatives, screening, recruiting and consenting patients, scheduling follow up appointments, coordinating care with other departments, and performing all laboratory and other tests as required by the protocol.
- Receive and respond to all correspondence received in a timely manner.
- Complete all reports including the annual study continuation report in a timely manner - accurately communicate all necessary information to patients, families, investigators, sponsor, IRB and institutional entities.
- Responsible for collection, processing, storage, and inventory of specimens for specific studies, assessing for adverse events, maintaining investigational devices, staff development and completion of regulatory paperwork as required by the FDA, study sponsor, and Institutional policies and procedures for all assigned studies as well as the Annual IRB Continuation Reports and other IRB activities as requested.
- Maintain all FDA, sponsor, and institutional review board documentation. Obtain and maintain complete source documentation. Accurate and timely completion of all case report forms and other data entry as required by the sponsor and local institutional data management programs.
- Enter data into the OnCore research data management system as dictated per institutional policy as well as the Greenphire patient debit system.
- Ability to work as a team player and adjust daily schedule in order to accommodate patient and investigator schedules.
- Able to communicate clearly at all times, convey information in a professional manner which will most often involve sensitive patient data or other information. Must be able to communicate in non-abrasive manner.
- Review study bills received for accuracy ensuring that the correct codes are used and the correct amount is billed according to the billing grid for that study in a timely manner.
- Adapt workflow to accommodate study amendments and principal investigator directions.
- Keep investigator informed of patients' condition and provide assistance to investigators in the management of adverse events.
- Attend meetings, computer trainings and workshops as requested.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours which may include early mornings, after hours, nights and weekends which may include up to two weeks on call per month.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.