A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Health Sciences is seeking applications for Director of Clinic Operations at the AFA Balance & Hearing Institute in Mesa, Arizona. This position reports to the Chair, Department of Audiology. This position is for an Assistant, Associate or full Professor in Audiology (with the possibility of tenure). The role of this faculty member as the Director of Clinic Operations for the AFA Balance & Hearing Institute is to coordinate and oversee all aspects of the business and clinic operations related to the Institute.
Major Job Duties
- Practice/business management/development, strategic planning, personnel management, marketing, budgetary oversight, payor contracts acquisition, coordination of billing, and generating productivity and financial reports,
- Develop and document clinical policies and protocols in coordination with the Director of Student Engagement, 3)
- Provision and oversight of a full range of clinical services (e.g., adult and pediatric diagnostics, OAE, VNG, rotational chair, platform posturography, VEMP, ABR, ECochG, CAPD, amplification and vestibular treatment),
- Clinical supervision and mentoring of doctor of audiology students, students in collaboration with the Clinic Director of Student Engagement for the AFA Balance & Hearing Institute,
- Evaluating student performance in collaboration with the Director of Student Engagement,
- Classroom and lab teaching, as assigned,
- Service to the department and university, and 8) scholarly productivity
Primary responsibilities will be in the Audiology Department, managing the operation of the AFA Balance & Hearing Institute. The director is responsible for productivity, efficiency and efficacy. This includes the quality of patient care, compliance with regulations and best practices, alignment with the ATSU Mission, and financial sustainability. The faculty member will contribute to the Audiology Department as a full-time faculty member providing clinic management, clinical care, clinical teaching, as well as service, didactic teaching and scholarship. The faculty member will interact with other departments/schools, as appropriate, for interprofessional collaboration/teaching.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree in audiology (AuD, PhD or equivalent)
- Knowledge of business management, audiology billing, marketing, audiology clinical services, personnel management, and student supervision
- To grow and succeed in this role, the candidate should have a passion for the profession of audiology, acumen in business management and leadership, and dedication to the education of doctor of audiology students