Innovation Team Developer
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Apr 2, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 47538
Position ID:: 129651
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Lead Programmer/Analyst (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Binghamton University is looking for a Lead Programmer/Analyst to join our Information Technology Services Innovation Team in an introductory capacity as a Developer. The Innovation Team is responsible for the rapid development of sophisticated tools, applications, and workflows to better and more efficiently serve the Binghamton University campus community. Additionally, the Innovation Team contributes to and maintains a sizable catalog of Open Source software which serves as the backbone of many of Binghamton's core applications and business processes.
The Innovation Team Developer will work closely with the other members of the ITS Innovation and Enterprise Applications teams on a wide variety of projects. They will be responsible for building Web Applications, creating and consuming RESTful Web APIs, and developing/supporting various complex workflows. An ideal candidate will have experience with and/or the ability to quickly learn the following languages, tools, libraries, and frameworks:
- JSON based RESTful APIs
- Bootstrap/CSS (https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/)
- Ractive.js/Mustache (https://ractive.js.org/) (https://mustache.github.io/)
- PHP/Laravel (https://laravel.com/)
- Graphene Forms (https://github.com/EscherLabs/GrapheneForms)
- Graphene DataGrid (https://github.com/EscherLabs/GrapheneDataGrid)
- Graphene Micro-Applications and Workflows (https://github.com/EscherLabs/Graphene)
Work may be independent or as part of a larger team.
The Innovation Team Developer reports to the Assistant Director of Technology Support Services (Innovation & Research), and will work closely with Administrative and Academic departments, the campus community, and other key groups/staff members within Information Technology Services (ITS).
The individual must be able to maintain data confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements (HIPAA, FERPA, PCI, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree with IT industry certifications in Computer Science, Information Systems/Sciences, or a related field
- Ability to display proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Ability to display proficiency with or more server-side "MVC" Frameworks (Ideally Laravel)
- Ability to display proficiency with Relational/NoSQL Databases (Ideally MySQL)
- Ability to display proficiency using version control (Ideally Git)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a changing business environment
- A portfolio of web applications/projects which demonstrate required skills. Upload a document to Interview Exchange which clearly demonstrates how the above technical requirements are met. The document should contain or link to publicly accessible projects reviewable by the search committee. Candidate should be able to elaborate on development time and what percentage of work was individual versus team effort
- Demonstrated ability to instantiate a local or 'cloud' hosted instance of Graphene (https://github.com/EscherLabs/Graphene)
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 04/30/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- A portfolio of web applications/projects which demonstrate required skills,
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.