Facilities and Aquatics Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Wellness & Recreation Services
Facilities and Aquatics Coordinator
Position #00742960 – Requisition #20917
Wellness & Recreation Services is a unit within the Department of Student Success at the University of Colorado Denver. The office is committed to the delivery of quality, student-centered wellness and recreation services. As stewards of student experience at CU Denver, Wellness & Recreation Services provides inclusive facilities, programs, and services, which focus on the holistic wellness and recreation needs of a diverse study body. The new, 85,000 sq. ft. Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center opened in August 2018 in downtown Denver with an integrated operations model. The Facilities and Aquatics Coordinator will provide leadership and expertise in the areas of aquatic facilities and programs, CPR/AED and aquatic certification and instruction, risk management, special events, and student personnel. This position is responsible for aiding the Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations in oversight of the day-to-day operations of the facility, management of student lifeguards, aquatics and health & safety instructors. Weekly Schedule:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm, and as needed
- Note: No vacation permitted the week prior to and first week of each semester
- Assist the Assistant Director with the planning, development, facilitation, and evaluation of a comprehensive facility operations plan, to include staffing, risk management, and special events.
- Create and implement student staff training, aquatic-related in-services, and mentoring and evaluation systems.
- Aid Assistant Director in application of disciplinary procedure and/or address behavior concerns of student users and patrons.
- Coordinate all American Red Cross courses that take place at the facility including lifeguard training program, safety and health certification courses. Manage instructor staff. Instruct courses as needed, and oversee skill audits for trained staff after certifications have been granted.
- Oversee risk management & aquatics related budgets, and equipment purchases.
- Assist in the collaboration of the wellness center and university staff to coordinate the scheduling and management of special events within wellness center facilities.
- Create, develop and market new aquatics programming for participants in all levels of competency.
- Serve as primary risk manager. Maintain a risk management plan and Building Emergency Plan (BEP); Facilitate emergency policies and procedures for aquatics and facilities including trainings, evaluations, and on-going learning opportunities in risk management and safety.
- Collaborate with University police and security to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce standards of safety and risk management throughout the facility.
- Responsible for the chemical balance, cleanliness, servicing and troubleshooting pool operations.
- Plan and coordinate the purchase, inventory, and maintenance of aquatic equipment and safety supplies.
- Assist staff with implementation and integration of technology and software in program areas.
- Track and appropriately log all incidents, accidents or issues within areas of oversight.
- Aid in compilation of comprehensive annual report – participations, impact, etc.
- Assist with management of facility supervisor staff.
- Assist with other department, division or university related events.
- Attend meetings, events, trainings and serve on committees related to department, division or university mission and goals.
- Supervise student staff.
- Aid in supervision, management and evaluation of joint reporting housekeeping staff/contracts.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $40,000 to $50,275.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- Bachelors’ degree in Sports Management, Exercise Science, Higher Education, Physical Education, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in assisting with recreation facilities/aquatics
- Current Lifeguarding Instructor certification or willingness to obtain prior to start date.
- Current Water Safety Instructor certification or willingness to obtain prior to start date.
- Lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform a water rescue
- Master's degree from an accredited university in Sports Management, Exercise Science, Higher Education, Physical Education or related field.
- Experience working in higher education or campus recreation setting.
- Experience in administering swimming lessons and pool maintenance, Certified Pool Operator.
- Current Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Team player with the ability to operate independently.
- Strong management, organization and administrative skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to resolve conflict in a professional and educational manner.
- Proven written and organization skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate policy and procedure to others.
- Ability to manage a dynamic environment.
- Professional involvement in organizations such as NIRSA.
- Ability to utilize campus recreation or competitive sports software – IM Leagues, Fusion, CSI, BNW, etc.
- Knowledge of basic safety and risk management practices and industry standards as they relate to aquatics facilities and programs.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 16, 2021
Unposting Date: May 17, 2021, 11:59:00 PM