Admin Assistant I
DescriptionSchool/College/Department/Unit NameJob Title (Working and/or Official)Position #00782836 – Requisition #20915
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Barbara Davis Center – Clinical Epidemiology team has an opening for a [part-time to full-time] University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This class describes the entry level. Work is designed to train positions for a higher level in the class series. Although tasks are similar to those of the fully-operational level, assignments are structured and performed with direction and assistance from others. Positions carry out established work processes and operations by learning to apply and follow procedures, techniques, rules, and regulations. Once training has been completed, the position is to be moved to the next level. Positions should not remain in this class indefinitely.This is 0.75-1.0 FTE position for a clinical administrative assistant who will assist with multiple research activities associated with three research studies conducted at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes. The TEDDY and DAISY studies have long-term funding from the National Institutes of Health to assess the environmental determinants of diabetes and other autoimmune diseases. The ASK Research Program is a general population screening for type 1 diabetes and celiac disease in the Denver Metro Area. This is a position requiring attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing priorities as needed. The clinical administrative assistant must possess a strong teamwork ethic and will be responsible for a variety of research related tasks for these studies as described in detail below.Supervision ReceivedThis position reports to the Principal Investigator: Marian Rewers, MD, PhD, Professor, Clinical Director BDC), the Project Managers: Judith Baxter, MA, Assistant Professor and Tricia Gesualdo, RN, MSPH, Research Instructor. Supervision will include training and oversight for the position’s responsibilities. The position functions as part of a large research group. The administrative assistant will participate as an active team member.Duties and Responsibilities
Salary and Benefits:
- Scheduling of participant visits via phone/text/email interfaces
- Prepare research charts for daily clinic activities.
- Assists with data coding and detailed data entry of participant research documents
- Organize and back up records for permanent offsite storage
- Must complete and maintain Human Subjects Certification and other required trainings
- Supports 2nd floor community with on-site service for facilities (workroom, supplies, mail).
- Assists with research accounting administrative tasks, such as allocation of shared equipment and shipment charges.
- Process subject payments
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been set at $30,084 - $33,092 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Fluency in Spanish reading, writing and speaking highly desired
- Prior work experience in a medical setting preferred
- Highly dependable, punctual, professional, organized and detail oriented
- Possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced office environment
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Access and Excel
- Experience with REDCap preferred
- Be available to work on-site 4 days per week; 30-40 hours/week
- Work hours are daytime and evening hours until 600pm
- The position is located on the 2nd floor of the Barbara Davis Center 1775 Aurora Court Aurora, CO 80045. The center is located at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Campus
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
Apr 15, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University