DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Peer Mentored Care Collaborative (PMCC)
Working Job Title: Project Coordinator
Position # 00733604– Requisition #20928
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Peer Mentored Care Collaborative (PMCC) has an opening for 1 full-time University Staff (unclassified) PMCC Project Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
. Nature of Work
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals. Position Information
The Business Services Intermediate Professional will be responsible for providing professional support to PMCC leadership and various components of daily operations with minimal supervision; This includes but is not limited to:
- Oversees program logistics which include: providing administrative and operational support for PMCC leadership
- Entering and executing purchase orders
- Responsible for release of official information or documents that are legally confidential depending on the reason, requestor, and document requested
- Oversees components of financial and procurement responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Tracks data and compiles reports needed for various funding efforts, compliance and extension; and maintains internal tracking and deadlines for submissions
- Executes operational procurement for the organization, including but not limited to, travel, purchase orders and expenses
- Proofread and edit documents and presentations to ensure information is well organized, quantitative and qualitative data are current, backup detail is readily accessible in a timely manner. Anticipate the data needs for presentations, compiling data, and developing graphics ahead of deadlines.
- Coordinate and staff executive-level standing meeting(s), to include compiling agendas, taking minutes, handling related correspondence and communications, ranging from individual emails and memos to campus-wide email distributions, or composing minutes for the official record.
This position reports directly to the Operations Administrator of the Peer Mentored Care Collaborative while heavily supporting the Executive Director of the Peer Mentored Care Collaborative. Supervision Exercised
This position does not have any supervisory duties.Examples of Work PerformedProject Coordination
Finance and Procurement Support
- Independently coordinates all aspects of program events when needed
- Meets regularly with internal stakeholders to define objectives and update on objective execution
- Oversee all aspects of procurement operations of the Program Center
- Calendar management for program leadership, program events, and travel
- Ensure that all projects are executed within budget with minimal supervision, prepare budget reports for leadership
Salary and Benefits:
- Assist Business Service and Fiscal Manager with various tasks related to grants and reporting
- Verify expenditures; ensure documentation and charges are appropriate and allowable per award notice
- Create various reports for Fiscal Manager and other stakeholders using Excel, Concur, and CU Marketplace
- Prepare and monitor employee procurement card and travel reimbursement expenses and reports; analyze expenditures for compliance with University policy and avoid cardholder violations
- Prepare and monitor procurement transactions; including but not limited to purchase orders, payment vouchers, non-employee reimbursements/travel/honoraria, subcontract purchase orders
- Act as delegate for PMCC cardholders to help create monthly Concur expense reports, reallocating charges to appropriate speed type and general ledger account code, attaching appropriate documentation, and working with cardholder to submit in a timely manner;
- Ensure the propriety of all transactions in accordance with all State, and University rules and regulations
The salary range for this position has been established at $49,000- $51,500The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management, accounting, communications or a related field
- 1 year of experience providing operational and process support to a professional office
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 years’ experience working at a higher education institution with knowledge of information systems and financial applications
- Good knowledge of Financial, Administrative and Procurement Regulations and Procedures, and understanding of Accounting Principles and Practices
- Familiar with CU procurement and accounting software such as PeopleSoft, Marketplace and Concur systems;
- Data management experience including tracking, compiling and generating reports.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to assist with multiple projects
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an outcomes‐based work culture as well as contributing to the work of a team.
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 13, 2021Unposting Date: