General Maintenance Worker
General Maintenance WorkerTNPRC - Facilities & Maintenance
Location: Covington, LASummary
Respond to emergencies and perform related duties as assigned or as become apparent. Perform overall light maintenance duties as assigned. Provides support to any trade as requested by supervisors. Keep accurate records and report any equipment malfunctions/problems.
THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL POSITION. IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WORK DURING A CLOSURE, YOU MUST PROVIDE ACCURATE AND CURRENT CONTACT INFORMATION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING COMMUNICATION WITH TNPRC. FAILURE TO REPORT TO WORK WHEN REQUESTED BY SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION AS OUTLINED BY THE STAFF HANDBOOK.
The TNPRC maintains Biosafety Level 3 facilities and performs worn on diverse infections agents many of with can cause serious disease in humans if standard operating procedures, including use of appropriate personal protective equipment, are not followed. Depending on agent specific risk assessments, individuals may be offered, or in some cases required to have, vaccinations against the relevant agents.
This position is assigned to work in BSL3 containment areas and there are additional minimum requirements including some or all of the following:
- Must pass a US Department of Justice Security Risk Assessment for access to select biological agents and toxins
- Ability to perform job duties while wearing respiratory protection
- Must participate in drug and alcohol program and be incompliance with TNPRC drug and alcohol policy
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in general maintenance
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver's License and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver