Physical Therapy Program Admissions Specialist
Job Title: Physical Therapy Program Admissions Specialist
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225305
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Physical Therapy Program Admissions Specialist on the Dahlonega campus. The Physical Therapy Program Admissions Specialist will manage the admissions process for the Doctorate program in the Physical Therapy Department. The Program Admissions Specialist will be the single point of contact, communicating with students, evaluating their transcripts, calculating GPAs, maintaining and updating all applications. The employee is required to exercise considerable initiative, independent judgement, and discretion in performing these duties and administrative work. Serves on Admissions Committee for PT department and Safety Committee for CHSP.Responsibilities
- Evaluate transcripts and refer students to faculty Admissions Committee for advisement as needed during application process utilizing PTCAS (Physical Therapy Centralized Application System), score applications for admissions committee.
- Coordinate open houses for department and conduct tours of PT Department with prospective applicant and parents
- Coordinates orientation for newly accepted students: works collaboratively with DPT Admissions Committee and other university departments (including, but not limited to, Financial Aid, Student Health Services, Graduate Admissions, Undergrad Admissions, Business Office, Card Services, academic departments, IT, student groups such as Rho Tau, GSS, and class officers) and includes assignment of lockers and coordinating a picnic at Pine Valley.
- Coordinate interviews for all perspective students with the DPT Admissions Committee; not limited to, confirming their time of interview, coordinating available times for faculty and clinicians to meet with students.
- Responsible for collecting student confirmation fee before entering the program, working closely with the business office to ensure proper credit is given to student's account.
- Communicate with university faculty advisors in other departments regarding pre-requisites and requirements. Verify prerequisites are complete and collect copies of immunizations and transcripts from new students.
- Maintain student photos, current address, eMail, current phone list, and emergency information form for each class; Assist with Post Professional DPT student recruitment and registration for courses, and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of office/administrative practices, procedures, technological systems and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the University System standards and polices.
- Ability to be extremely organized, thorough, detail-oriented, and set priorities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of clerical or administrative experience required.
- Project management experience required.
- Experience with collection and maintenance of records, database systems and use of essential math-based skills required.
- PTCAS system/ Banner skills preferred.
- Experience evaluating transcripts or student affairs experience preferred
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
4/30/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.