Job Title: Admissions Officer
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226178
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Officer for the Corps of Cadets on the Dahlonega campus. The admissions officer recruits new students to UNG's Corps of Cadets. Coordinates a comprehensive strategy for recruiting unique student populations. This person (1) provides accurate and timely information about academic and co-curricular program offerings, services, costs and financial aid to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, and other influencers, (2) acts as a liaison with the Commandant's Office, Professor of Military Science Office, and Corps of Cadets for recruiting events (National Leadership Challenge, Hometown Recruiting Program, Open House, etc.), and (3) works in conjunction with the Assistant Director and Director to achieve recruiting goals. Work involves extensive travel throughout Georgia and out of state with some overnight and weekend work days.Responsibilities
- Responsible for presenting educational programs, expected outcomes, co-curricular programs, student services, scholarships, and financial considerations to prospective students, parents and/or influencers in person, virtually, via phone and personalized e-mail.
- Conduct in-person family presentation and campus tours as needed. Represents Cadet Admissions at off campus recruiting events and activities as directed.
- Plan recruitment outreach and travel. Analyze ROI, create reports and provide feedback on recruitment activities.
- Assist with database management for Cadet recruitment and University of North Georgia Military Scholarship (GMS) process.
- Assist with analyzing and determining enrollment data and recruitment strategies.
- Manage and update the JROTC and Counselors database.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to make strong presentations to groups of prospective students and parents.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with the SCT Banner student information system and Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Access/PowerPoint/Excel) is desired, but not required.
- Bachelors degree required by start date.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Two years of higher education experience to include Enrollment Management and/or Admissions and/or Financial Aid and/or Sales & Marketing preferred.
- Experience working with youth and/or diverse population preferred.
- General understanding of the college admission process a plus.
- University of North Georgia graduate and previous member of the Corps of Cadets.preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual is a preferred qualification.
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references