FUSE Student Researcher - Psychology (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Job Title: FUSE Student Researcher - Psychology (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225866
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Unviversity of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a FUSE Student Researcher - Psychology on the Dahlonega campus. We seek a research assistant for a FUSE project focused on learning with artificial intelligence. The research assistant will develop learning paradigms for studying with a machine (ALEXA, Google Home, Apple's Siri) in the same way they study with human beings. Student will set up IoT technology on the network, design tests, run participant's through the learning experiment. Additionally, analysis of the results and submission for publication is expected. The research assistant will join the FUSE program to conduct focused and meaningful research, scholarly and creative activities alongside a faculty researcher from May 31 - July 23, 2021.Responsibilities
- Review the literature and design a test to learning when studying with a machine.
- Update and refine IRB submission to match test and accommodate newest COVID protocols.
- Analyze data to determine if learning occurred.
- Collect data with human subjects.
- Build an IoT smart home in the lab. Will need knowledge of networks (or willingness to learn about networks), to physically connect the devices to the internet and integrate them into a single home-simulated environment.
- Write up results for conference posters and/or a peer-reviewed paper.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current UNG student not graduating before December 2021.
- Psychological Science or Computer Science majors preferred but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of research design, data analysis, and network infrastructure preferred.
- Cover letter
4/30/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.