FUSE Student Researcher - Sociology (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Job Title: FUSE Student Researcher - Sociology (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225871
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a FUSE Student Researcher - Sociology on the Dahloega campus. Research Assistant is needed to help implement drug treatment social recovery activities for a local treatment program, collect data, analyze the outcomes, and present the findings. Assistants will acquire certification to work with human subjects as well as training and experience in research design, data collection, data entry, analysis, literature synthesis, and professional presentation. The research assistants will join the FUSE program to conduct focused and meaningful research, scholarly and creative activities alongside a faculty researcher from May 31 - July 23, 2021.Responsibilities
- Complete online CITI certification.
- Field research and intervention. Meetup with drug court participants (combination of online and in-person) and assist three groups of clients to participate in three activities (combination of online and in-person).
- Conduct short surveys and help design and carry out qualitative interviews with participants.
- Transcribe interviews and de-identify data in-line with human subject protection.
- Attend a combination of trainings and meetings. Weekly faculty/student progress meetings and qualitative interviewing, data analysis software, and coding trainings maybe flexibly scheduled. Preparation for and attendance at FUSE grant meetings are required at set dates and times throughout the summer.
- Build on knowledge. Examine the literature on social recovery, interpret data, and provide a brief for faculty review with at least five scholarly articles informing the findings that are related to the student¿s area of interest.
- Construct a draft presentation for roundtable discussion in a Fall professional organization meeting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- On time, motivated, and exhibit empathy with participants.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Currently enrolled at UNG; will not graduate prior to December 2021.
- Prefer Sophomore, Junior, or Senior UNG student.
- CITI certification (acquired during employment).
- Cover letter
4/30/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.