FUSE Student Researcher - Education (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Job Title: FUSE Student Researcher - Education (Temporary) - Summer 2021
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225877
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a FUSE Student Researcher - Education on the Dahlonega campus. The undergraduate researcher will be responsible for engaging in all aspects of a qualitative research project exploring the experiences of public school educators who have faced a book challenge. This will include developing an interview protocol, interviewing participants, and transcribing and analyzing data as part of a research team. The research assistant will join the FUSE program to conduct focused and meaningful research, scholarly and creative activities alongside a faculty researcher from May 31 - July 23, 2021.Responsibilities
- Assisting with the development of research protocol.
- Assisting with conducting interviews with study participants.
- Transcribing interview data.
- Analyzing interview data independently.
- Analyzing and interpreting interview data with research team.
- Assisting with the development of conference proposals and manuscripts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to establish rapport with study participants.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Word processing skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current UNG student not graduating before December 2021.
- At least 15 hours of credit completed at UNG.
- Must be willing to undergo CITI training for human subjects research.
- Cover letter
4/30/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.