Lifeguard - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Lifeguard - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226214
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Lifeguard on the Gainesville campus. The lifeguard is expected to demonstrate a high degree of competency in the skills and knowledge necessary to prevent, prepare for, and respond to aquatic emergencies. Lifeguards must hold a national lifeguard certification. Lifeguard must be knowledgeable about CRW aquatic department protocols in order to ensure the safety of our patrons.Responsibilities
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the pool and pool area: acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Actively enforces rules and regulations to minimize possible risk
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until emergency medical services arrive
- Perform pool chemical checks to ensure safety and hygiene
- Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility
- Adjust the number of active swimming lane lines to accommodate program needs
- Perform opening and closing duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Specific areas of knowledge should include rescue drills, facility operations, and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, provide customer service and monitor pool.
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Lifeguard certification and CPR/First Aid required by start date
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred
- Cover letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.