Self-Help - STEPP Program Academic Tutor
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS-STEPP PROGRAMAcademic Term/Year:
Summer - 2021Position Title:
Self-Help - STEPP Program Academic TutorPosting Number:
03311Student Job Category:
Student - Self-Help Campus JobNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Academic Affairs – STEPP Program is currently seeking a STEPP Program Academic Tutor. This position is open to all majors and will involve tutoring undergraduate students who are in the STEPP program. The STEPP Program Tutors conduct daily subject-specific tutoring sessions with individuals or small groups of students. Tutoring sessions occur during regular business hours (8:00-5:00) and are designed to provide academic support, ongoing guidance, and periodic encouragement to students. Tutors help the STEPP Program participants set and achieve subject-related academic goals and periodically connect students with applicable on-campus services for additional assistance.
Specific positions include:
- Psychology of Personality – PSYC 3300
- Race, Gender, Class – SOCI 1010
- Psychology of Sexual Behavior – PSYC 4350
- Legal Environment of Business – FINA 2244
- Prin. of Micro – ECON 2113
- Marketing Management- MKTG 3832
- Fundamentals of Speech Communication – COMM 2020
- Public Speaking – COMM 2410
- Introduction to Communication – COMM 1001
- Gender and Communication – COMM 4135
- Explorations in Mathematics – MATH 1050
- College Algebra- Math 1065
- Motor Learning and Performance – KINE 2202
- Exercise Adherence – KINE 4020
- World Religions – RELI 1690
- Writing about the Disciplines – English 2101
•Be enrolled as a full or part time student at East Carolina University.
•Have achieved sophomore standing or above with at least 3.0 GPA.
•Have earned an A in the course they wish to tutor.
•Be on time and prepared for all study hall tutoring sessions.
•Work closely with students to help them develop timelines for completing assignments.
•Communicate regularly with program staff, primarily addressing all questions and concerns to the designated staff member.
•Complete all required paperwork and field notes.
•Make and follow through with at least a semester-long commitment.
•Adhere to all program policies and procedures.
•Become familiar with learning strategies taught in STEPP courses and reinforce them in tutoring sessions when possible/applicable.
•Complete all tutor training requirements as applicable.
•Tutors earn $12.00 per hour.
Please upload your resume online.Quick Link for Direct Access:
05/10/2021Open Until Filled: