10018483 Residence Life Assistant
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Housing and Residence Life Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY This position provides administrative and customer service support for the operations of the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
General Depart Support:
- Answers telephones and greets visitors, including students and parents; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Answer emails on behalf of the department
- Prepares and processes housing applications.
- Assists students in the room selection process.
- Assigns student to residence hall rooms.
- Process meal plan requests
- Places holds on student accounts.
- Prepares and sends mass student emails.
- Prepares and maintains semester reservation reports, occupancy reports and charts.
- Maintains housing records.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Makes changes to student meal plans as requested.
- Performs related duties.
- Attend conferences and training
- Review job related training material
- Collaborate with peers from other universities and organizations
Collaborate with other departments:
- Participate in student recruitment activities (Open House, Orientation, Campus Tours, etc)
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of housing and university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs (Starrez and Banner).
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work, decision making, and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS The Director of Housing & Residence Life assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES Guidelines include university and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related administrative and customer service duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to perform administrative and customer service duties related to the operations of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, parents, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY None.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Salary Grade 10
TO APPLY Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018483 Residence Life Assistant 4.12.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D