Dean of Student Affairs
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership and strategic direction for student affairs at the assigned South University Campus and for ensuring the delivery of effective and quality service to students in the following areas: support services, student conduct, student life programs, alumni relations and community engagement. This is done through creating policies, programs and services that support the school’s mission, meet the needs of a diverse campus population, foster student development, career development, and promote student and alumni involvement in campus life. This position provides advice and counsel to campus leadership and other Executive Committee members regarding overall student morale and serves as the primary advocate for the assigned campus student body.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Collaborate with admissions, financial aid, academic support services, faculty, program directors, career services, academic leadership and campus leadership to develop strategies and programs designed to positively impact retention and increase student satisfaction.
- Supervise the Academic Counselors to ensure effective engagement among the “Graduation Team”, and student advisees receive timely and accurate course registration, regular and meaningful outreach, proactive intervention for at-risk students, and return to studies after break in enrollment.
- Create meaningful, relevant opportunities for alumni to engage with the campus community in order to foster loyalty, pride and philanthropy.
- Ensure South University is represented in the local and professional community by developing opportunities for students and staff to volunteer, participate in community events and serve on leadership boards
- Supervise and oversee student life.Assure that a variety of student life opportunities are offered to all students.
- Develop protocols and community based resources and student support services, including counseling, healthcare and personal needs. Appropriately communicate a comprehensive list of referral resources and intervention mechanisms/programs to appropriate faculty and staff.
- Manage support services for international students and students with disabilities. Coordinate compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, ADA, institutional student grievance processes and procedures and regular training for staff and faculty.
- Provide first line contact for problem and complaint resolution.
- Serve as Title IX Investigator and Chief Conduct Officer for the University, including coordination and supervision of due process procedures as they relate to student behavior.
- Plan and implement all orientation programs for students; Coordinate and oversee graduation, pinning and other ceremonies.
- Create and coordinate department publications such as the Student Handbook and the Campus Crime Report, Drug Free Schools and Communities and other student consumer information documents. Ensure all publications comply with Regulatory and Business Practices Committee standards.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Committee and all other departments, on achieving university objectives for enrollment, retention, graduate job placement and growth, and with University Administration functional department head to accomplish Student Affairs goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Five + years of increasingly more responsible experience in student affairs, enrollment management or campus operations
- Master’s degree in student personnel services or related degree required
- Knowledge of theories of student development, student engagement, student success and career development
- Knowledge of current practices in student affairs and higher education to include proper methods and resources for compliance such matters as substance abuse, disabilities covered under ADA, student disciplinary actions and Family Rights and Privacy Act.
- Minimum of three years of management or leadership in an institution of higher education
- Good general business knowledge and ability to effectively supervise and lead a staff of professionals.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeSalaryRequired EducationMaster’s Degree Apply Now
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America