Associate Director, University Career Services
The University Career Services Office is hiring an Associate Director for Student Development. This position manages a multi-pronged and integrated, campus-wide program to support students’ career development including working collaboratively with other college departments and programs. Under the supervision of the Director of University Career Services, the Associate Director maintains center-wide responsibility for assessing and improving program effectiveness. In collaboration with the Associate Director for Employer Relations, the Associate Director for Student Development manages the initiatives related to student outreach and engagement with University Career Services.
- Develop innovative approaches. Analyze needs and determine the appropriate career exploration programs and initiatives targeted for the 21st century student. Assess program and initiative effectiveness.
- Supervise a staff of career counselors who have a variety of responsibilities including liaison to faculty, presenting workshops, and developing programming related to student development.
- Supervise graduate students including counseling interns and managers of the career resource center and who have oversight for student peer advisors.
- Oversee the Career Resource Center which includes peer student advisors and signature initiatives.
- Supervise graduate/professional school advising and related initiatives.
- Develop and manage the presentation of career strategies-related workshops and seminars using creative methodology.
- Manage collaboration with academic advising to ensure processes that support progression to graduation and career.
- Train career services student assistants in their roles as peer advisors.
- Supervise the Marketing Specialist. Oversee marketing initiatives for student career development initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, for Employer Relations, oversee online presence on webpage, social media and other applicable platforms.
- Collaborate with Associate Director for Employer Relations to ensure that students meet applicable for employer requirements.
- Oversee outreach to faculty and other campus constituencies such as student organizations.
- Serve on committees, advisory boards and special projects as determined by the director.
- Participate in local, state and regional meetings and professional associations as appropriate.
- Represent the director in their absence.
Bachelor's degree and four years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
05/03/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Provost & VP Academic Affairs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/16/21, 10:09:15 AM