Administrative Assistant, Football (Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-16
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to support the department's Football office. This position will provide administrative and operational support to staff of the UVA Football program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Assistant with clerical/administrative duties, such as expense report reimbursements, travel reservations, budget tracking, general correspondence, data entry, running errands, creation of PowerPoint slides, calendar maintenance, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Head Football Coach, assistant coaches, and staff.
- Coordinate/maintain office lounge. Ensure cleanliness and order/stock supplies as needed.
- Assist with meal/event planning and execution as directed.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletters to players’ parents and Football alumni.
- Coordinate all game ticket processes.
- Assist with operational and logistical tasks/events as needed.
This is a part-time, hourly wage position with an anticipated schedule of 20-30 hours per week. Anticipated pay rate is $15.00/hour.
This position is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Search on requisition number: R0023677.
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Brandi Shifflett, HR Specialist at (434) 243-4095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not forward any applicant materials to the Department of Athletics or Football staff, as only applications received through this system will be accepted.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. (SPAKA)
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience supporting executives in an administrative/clerical role.
- Ability to maintain professional calendars with frequent changes, using software such as Microsoft Outlook and iCalendar.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel, both within and beyond the University.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, work independently and as a member of the team.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize and execute projects by stated deadlines.
- Ability to represent the Football Program in a professional manner and work with tact on complex, sensitive, and confidential issues.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Must be available to work home football games and bowl games, as needed. This includes potential work on holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Must be available to work early mornings/late nights, on occasion, with little notice.
- 2+ years of experience with administrative/clerical support in a collegiate sport program (Football highly preferred).
- General knowledge of administrative duties, office protocol, computers, and office machinery.
- General knowledge of the game of Football and ACC Football; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience utilizing Apple products (iPhone and Mac Computers)
- Experience with Internal UVA systems such as Chrome River, Workday, Teamworks, and DocuSign.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.