Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225746
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or a clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Subject recruitment and screening; help with timely and effective recruitment of human subjects for laboratory research projects (e.g. developing new recruitment resources, advertising, performing telephone screenings, etc.); provide quality control of phone screenings and scheduling; make reminder calls to subjects for testing at the Georgia Prevention Institute.
- The incumbent of this position will perform translational/clinical research including both testing of human research subjects, non-invasive physiological testing of research subjects, basic molecular biology procedures, and data management (accurate data entry, retrieval and quality control). Work is performed under close supervision. Including but not limited:
- Basic lab processes, such as plasma/serum isolation, PBMC extraction, etc.
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Urine samples
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as needed.