Coordinator Special Programs
Job Title: Coordinator Special Programs
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225906
- Ability to maintian confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Strong time management skills
- Professional experience preferably at a college or university
- Assessment, project management, communication, or qualitative research experience
- Coordinate the development and submission of unit goals, unit plans, departmental reports, and the annual reports for the division. Ensure all documents are submitted to Institutional Effectiveness through the appropriate websites. Create templates for departmental use and instruct staff on proper usage and compliance with university requirements. Meet with all division staff regularly to ensure departmental goals, assessments, unit plans and all required reports are done on time and accurately.
- Coordinate special projects for the Office of the Vice President including meeting preparation, special events, reports and research-related projects including internet based research literature reviews, and institutional benchmarking studies for student affairs programs, student success initiatives, staffing models and organizational designs.
- Develop the division’s strategic planning documents and on-going assessment. Research examples from other universities, including aspirational institutions. Conduct focus groups and surveys to gather information for developing the plan. Compile results and benchmark data. Format for inclusion in the planning documents.
- Coordinate all required documents related to assessments, including FYE, NSSE and Freshman Survey. Support Student Affairs staff in developing engagement initiatives based upon research and survey results. Assist in the development of measurement tools for both formative and summative assessment. Work with the Institutional Effectiveness office to ensure compliance with institutional criteria.
- Develop, maintain, and produce internal communication (e.g. newsletters, emails, reports, and websites) at least monthly to inform divisional staff about events, programs, new initiatives, and other matters of interest to the divisional members. Responsible for, prepares and edits important correspondence for the VP including emails, letters, proposals, reports, and other planning documents.
- Coordinate all SACS related required documentation. Participate in SACS planning or reporting meetings. Gather materials from the various division offices for submission and recordkeeping.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.