Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225515
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.OR
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Strong organizational skills
Responsibilities Position will manage the initiation of clinical trials for the pediatric hematology population according to FDS regulartory and institutional guidelines and requirements; register and enroll eligible patients; manage studies, extract, compile, evaluate and submit data; store and ship biological specimens; monitor study compliance; maintain on-going regulatory requirements; provide information and feedback on designated clinical trials to clinical staff; coordinate data management systems and administer protocol operations within the institution. Position must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions and underlying structure of the department and of the larger institution in organizing and independently prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems, and ensuring orderly and timely work flow. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in projects and development of research protocols, while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Act as liaison and manage investigator-initiated federal, multi-centered and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Coordinate activities with respective campus department to ensure succussful study execution.
- Assist with the development of new research projects at our Hemophilia Treatment Center program and exploring opportunities for grant funding for program needs.
- Submission of research proposals/projects to Augusta University regulatory departments.This includes, but is not limited to leaning/implementing proposals in the following systems - eSprout, IRB, grants and contracts systems, preparing and submitting appropriate regulatory documents for ongoing and new studies.
- Maintaining studies for hemophilia patients, assist with study visits and help with obtaining consents.
- Assist with the preparation of study budget documents and annual reports required by funding agencies.
- Assist with daily functions of the Hemophilia Treatment Center as requested.
- Ordering of supplies, tracking/reporting adverse events, and reporting and entering patient data in ATHN WebTracker database.
- Maintaining various other databases and entering data for other studies utilizing excel spreadsheets, electronic medical record, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Shift/Salary Salary is supported by grant funds
Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: R9 Salary: $13.01/hr - $17.41/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 4/14/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University