Assist in district warehouse and materials handling activities and operations; to include all district central shipping and receiving activities, delivery of materials, and clerical functions. This is a part-time position and will work up to 19 hours per week.
- Assist with the transport and delivery of equipment, supplies, furniture and hazardous materials to college personnel and departments
- Assist in unloading, receiving, and storage of incoming freight, materials, equipment, and supplies. Ensure the safe handling and proper storage of all materials.
- Assist in counting, weighing and/or measuring of incoming items, and comparing identifying information against bills of lading, purchase orders, packing slips, or other records. Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages. Accurately record discrepancies and report them to the Warehouse Operations Technician (WOT).
- Assist with processing the shipment of UPS/FedEx packages, overnight freight and truck shipments for the College District. Prepare and package outgoing items, complete and attach appropriate shipping labels and documentation paperwork.
- Assist with maintaining logs of documents and forms received, processed, and/or distributed. Assist with managing and storage of surplus property. Assist with receiving, internal delivery and outgoing processing of U.S. Mail.
- Provide information to staff regarding the status of materials and equipment ordered and/or received. Clean warehouse areas, help maintain and keep equipment operating properly.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position; including assisting with the recruitment and retention of student workers.
Director of Purchasing and Property ControlSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
May provide work direction part-time student work-study assigned to the College Warehouse and Shipping/Receiving
EDUCATION: High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of relevant work experience in an office/warehouse environment.
SALARY: $13.92 per hour - up to 19 hours per weekDEADLINE: Open until filled
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)Resume or Curriculum VitaeThe background verification level for this position is: Basic level Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn the concepts, methods, practices and procedures of warehouse operations, materials handling, and procedures used in the shipment and receiving of materials and equipment.
- Ability to learn how to use materials, supplies, and equipment typically used by an educational institution, including the operation/use of a forklift, pallet jack, utility cart and hand truck.
- Ability to learn and apply safety procedures applicable to materials handling.
- Ability to learn and utilize shipping and receiving software and/or documents for UPS, FedEx, and other express delivery and freight carriers that may be used to provide services.
- Ability to learn and use specific ERP software functions, and the processes, policies, and procedures of office management and workflow, which may include prioritizing and organizing work, following office procedures, and maintaining record keeping requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills applicable to interactions with culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public.
Duties performed may cause fatigue of eyes, fingers, or other faculties due to long periods of standing, sitting and/or repetitive motion. Duties may require continuous effort working with materials weighing up to and occasion over 50 lbs., producing moderate body fatigue. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Alternative or combined skills in understanding and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, and/or changing behavior. Skill in being persuasive or assertiveness, as well as a sensitivity to the point of view of others are also important. WORKING CONDITIONS:
The job is performed in warehouse or comparable working area with many and frequent distractions such as noise, interruptions, and congested work areas with exposure to some disagreeable elements. Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.