Director, Center for Career Development and Internships
Winthrop University, a public comprehensive university, ranked 6th by U.S. News & World Report among Southern universities and in the top 15 of public and private institutions in the region, is accepting applications for the position of Director-Center for Career Development and Internships.
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina (20 minutes south of Charlotte, North Carolina), Winthrop’s traditions of national caliber academics, championship athletics, and student-centered achievements create a campus community known for its diversity, excellence, and family atmosphere. The university offers more than 40 undergraduate majors and 22 graduate and certificate programs. Winthrop has 5,500 students, including undergraduate and graduate students, from 42 states and 32 countries and a robust minority population (about 40 percent).
The successful candidate will possess a master’s degree in higher education, human resources, business, management, communications, marketing, or related field; at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in employer relations, workforce development, recruitment or human resources, including at least five years of experience in career services in a higher education environment; a proven track record in managing operations, supervision and partnership building; and dedication to student and staff development and diversity.
- Establishes and implements strategic goals and objectives in support of the department, division and university;
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to meet daily operational needs;
- Serves as content expert on career readiness, career development, and employment trends;
- Develops and executes a forward-thinking experiential education strategy that includes career workshops, class presentations and individual coaching sessions;
- Implements effective marketing strategies to increase student and employer engagement and develops focused programs for distinct populations;
- Develops strategic partnerships with campus stakeholders to integrate career readiness into the academic environment and creates mutually beneficial relationships with external groups to promote the success of Winthrop academic programs;
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches and evaluates department personnel;
- Oversees, maintains and implements the department’s budget and develops revenue-generating strategies to increase fiscal resources;
- Manages department technology resources to support program and service delivery; and
- Creates outcome-based assessments to measure department success and produces reports as needed.
To see a complete list of duties and requirements and apply, go to https://winthrop.peopleadmin.com/postings/7483.
The deadline to apply is May 9, 2021.
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.