Senior Programmer Analyst - 501154
Senior Programmer Analyst - 501154
The Enterprise Applications team is responsible for the architecture, management, maintenance, security and day-to-day support of enterprise administrative systems. This team works in a multi-technology environment operating in a variety of Mac, Unix/Linux and Windows-based computer systems. This team is expected to develop and maintain procedures for ensuring the usability, performance, integrity, security, and recoverability of the university's critical administrative systems, processes and data.
The Senior Programmer Analyst analyzes, implements, and supports University business processes and related technology environments through:
- business process analysis;
- making recommendations to improve business and operational effectiveness across the enterprise
- proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- maximizing the benefit of software applications and business workflows
- needs assessment;
- eliciting and analyzing requirements to validate and support core organizational functions and processes enterprise application administration, maintenance, and documentation;
- software configuration, integration, and programming in a wide array of technology environments;
- project management;
- meeting defined project objectives and milestones
The successful candidate will have a strong background in many of the following:
- Secure programming
- Oracle APEX
- System Integrations & APIs
- Ellucian Banner
- Ellucian Ethos Integration.
- Oracle PL/SQL
This position will cross train to support other enterprise systems and initiatives as needed.
- Enterprise Application Analysis, Oversight & Planning
- Proactively meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define and prioritize business, financial, and operational requirements and system goals
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Lead design and testing sessions to prototype new workflows and associated data and process integrations for the purpose of enhancing business and operational processes
- Elicit, analyze and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Facilitate and manage initiatives related to resulting business process discovery and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure enterprise applications meet university objectives and fulfill enterprise requirements.
- Assist in the creation of long-term goals for achieving and maintaining high quality data and effectiveness of software applications in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated plans for application administration and appropriate use.
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies that can be leveraged through existing application investments.
- Collaborate with vendors and related end user communities to develop and promote application and business best practices across the university.
- Review and analyze application effectiveness and efficiency, developing strategies for improving and leveraging application capabilities to benefit the enterprise.
- Cultivate, document, and disseminate knowledge of application best practices.
- Coordinate with Manager of Administrative Systems to facilitate new projects and to support departmental operations and priorities.
- Enterprise Application Administration & Support
- Install, configure, patch and upgrade application software, APIs and associated software throughout the enterprise, coordinating with user offices to minimize disruption to business cycles.
- Work with various University departments implementing enterprise applications, advising on best practices, and establishing appropriate security roles and policies.
- Collaborate with technical and functional staff to develop, test and deploy new application capabilities, integrations, upgrades, patches, etc.
- Ensure that integrations with university systems meet functional requirements, security, compliance, and interface specifications.
- Communicate with software vendors for prompt rectification of problems and emergencies.
- Investigate and resolve user problems. Maintain communications with users to reach satisfactory resolution of problems.
- Devise, document and test backup, restore and disaster recovery plans for systems in coordination with university-wide disaster recovery initiatives.
- Monitor applications to insure peak operating efficiency, taking action to identify and resolve performance problems including debugging issues as needed.
- Create, review and maintain documentation related to all application components, operations and integrations.
- Remain current with technology through self-study and attendance at seminars or workshops.
- Work with end-users and IS personnel to coordinate system / personal schedules.
- General knowledge of Business Process Analysis, ERP, Data Warehousing, Enterprise Content Management (document imaging, scanning, workflow, eforms, etc.) and data integration software and related best practices.
- Technical fluency in secure programming techniques and best practices in one or more of the following programming languages: Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, Java, Groovy, Python, Oracle APEX, Power Shell, Korn/Bourne Shell, XML, CSS
- Fluency in one or more of the following platforms: Ellucian Banner, Hyland OnBase (Administration, Workflow, etc.), JMeter, Apache, TomCat, MicroStrategy
- Ability to tune and secure a web-based application environment for optimal performance, security and integrity, e.g., Tomcat and Java environment configuration.
- Excellent skills in systems analysis, process analysis, data analysis, application tuning and problem-solving in multi-leveled application environments.
- General knowledge of Oracle database tables, indexes, well-formed SQL queries and stored procedures (Oracle 11g and above).
- General knowledge of secure computer systems and application architecture.
- General knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems to support secure installation, configuration and tuning of application software environments, including shell scripting.
- General knowledge of project management practices, with ability to plan and schedule technical projects.
- Ability to communicate, document and audit technical and administrative information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize work schedules which may require juggling multiple projects, tasks and production support issues.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to implement, enforce and adhere to standards
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on a team of diverse individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years experience with business and/or technical process analysis and workflow development
- 2+ years experience configuring and proactively managing secure enterprise application environments
- 2+ years programming experience with languages/tools mentioned above.
- Proven experience using SQL, Excel and other query tools to gather and import data for analysis and reporting
- 2+ years experience with relational databases, SQL programming, and database stored procedures (Oracle PL/SQL preferred)